My name is Martin English. I’m a certified SAP BASIS / Netweaver Consultant and have been working, consulting and administering SAP and Netweaver systems since 1996. My roles have included consulting at various levels, including pre-sales and customer consulting, system Architechture, system administration, installation, implementation, upgrades and migrations. I’ve achieved Certification as a Technical Consultant in Netweaver, Business Warehouse and XI, and as an Application Consultant in Business Warehouse. I have practical experience with all four major SAP databases (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server and Max DB).
If you’re interested in finding out what I can do for you, contact me via:
My LinkedIn profile.
During many of the projects I have worked on, I have found SAP documentation to be unclear, indistinct, and in many cases, just plain wrong. This has lead me to develop a range of ‘cheat sheets’ and notes to assist myself and and my co workers, and I’m now putting these on the web.
I do enjoy sharing my knowledge, and attempt to do so (without being prescriptive !!) via such forums as twitter, attending and speaking at conferences both locally and overseas, private blogging and blogging on the SAP Developer Network. I was interviewed (on my expertise with cloud computing) during the European 2011 Sapphire / SAP Teched at Madrid. I was a Speaker / Presenter at the 2008, 2010 and 2012 Mastering SAP Technologies Conferences. My involvement in the SAP community was recognised in June 2011 when I was appointed as a member of the SAP Mentor Program, one of less than 150 worldwide so recognised.
Specialties and Key Skills
- Certified Technical Consultant Technology Administration,
- OS / DB migration of SAP Systems (targeting both on-premise and cloud environments),
- Transitioning from one support provider to another,
- Providing one-stop support for colleauges and employers
- Netweaver Administration Consultant
- Implementation, Go Live and Support phases of SAP Netweaver
- SAP BW Installation and Support
- SAP XI / PI / PO Installation and Support
- Implementation and support of Oracle, DB2, MS-SQL and MaxDB
- on UNIX,Windows and MVS
I should also mention that SAP is a registered trademark of SAP AG. Neither I nor this site are in any way affiliated to SAP AG. That’s probably obvious, but with disclosure requirements, trademark disputes, &tc, I thought it was worth making it explicit.